It is required to register DocuVieware™ before getting started. Registration, also called "unlocking", is a mandatory step for developing a DocuVieware™ based application or deploying a DocuVieware™ based application on a server.
Please note it exists two different kind of license keys: development and production:
- Development license keys should be used when deploying the software on development servers
- Production license keys should be used when deploying the software on production servers
The production license keys
can easily be distinguish from the development license keys
as they are longer.
Licensing for development
For the development, it is required to use a development license key or a trial license key.
It is not possible to develop and/or debug using a production license key.
This development key should be used in the Global.asax of the project as demonstrated in this tutorial.
Licensing for production deployment
There are two options:
- Very simple single server deployment:
- Replace the development license key with the production license key in the Global.asax project file (the production license key is longer than the development license key)
- Rebuild and deploy the software
- Multiple servers deployment (or to avoid recompiling the project for deployment):
- Comment the Global.asax licensing line
- Create a new text file in the project Bin/ directory called dvlicense.txt
- Write the production license key in dvlicense.txt.
Please note that it is absolutely mandatory to use either one way or the other but not both at the same time otherwise DocuVieware™ will behave as if it was in development mode.